How to Sell Your Home
Considering the sale of your Southern VT or Berkshire home within the next 12 months? If you're like most consumers contemplating the sale of a house, you've already search the internet. Wow! All the information available today can be overwhelming! Where to start?
Like a good story, the best place to start is at the beginning. Three factors determine the salability of your home:
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Real estate is very locale in nature. The national news, statistics & trends are helpful; however, the locale current economic conditions & the future direction of your area the most factual information available in determining the salability of your home.
- The town, city, neighborhood you live in must be taken into consideration in the sale of your home.
- Your abutters do impact the sale of you home. If you abut blighted buildings, your selling price will be less; if you have single family homes in superb shape, your selling price will be higher.
CONDITION. There are so many houses for sale, buyers don't even consider homes in need of repair unless it has a bargain basement list price.
- A well-maintained homes bursting with pride of ownership with outshine its competitors!
- If your home has dated kitchen & baths, I recommend simple, low cost enhancements not complete renovations. Most sellers do not recoup high ticket renovations in the sale of their home in today's market.
- Proper staging is one of the most important features you must gauge in order to recoup your expenditures. For your convenience, we've made a downloadable version of our brochure, "Monarch Realty Inc.'s Low Cost Staging Recommendations.pdf" available online.
PRICE! It is the most important factor in today's market! If your house is listed above current market conditions, you will lose prospective buyers and valuable marketing time. If your house is listed below current market conditions you will lose money. Quick tips to consider:
- Recently sold homes. How many homes have sold recently in your area and how do they compare to yours?
- Your competition. How many homes are presently for sale in your area and how does your home compare to them?
- Location & Condition. You must take the location & condition into consideration in the pricing your home.
- List Price. Most sellers still have a tendency to over price their home! Big mistake. It is the most important factor in selling your home! Examine all the facts & consider future trends before your price your house.
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Real estate is very locale in nature. The national news, statistics & trends are helpful; however, the locale current economic conditions & the future direction of your area the most factual information available in determining the salability of your home.
- Put all your worries aside! Here at Monarch Realty Inc. our agents we can help you save time, energy & money. We provide you a no cost/no obligation, current market analysis (CMA), a detailed report which determines the fair market value of your home and a recommended list price.
Your best option for selling your home quickly at the highest price possible is to give the job to us! We can put the "SOLD!" sign on your house! Connect to Selling With Us & let us put a "SOLD" sign on your property too! For your convenience, we've made a downloadable version of our brochure, "Top 10 Reasons to List with Monarch Realty Inc".pdf" available online.
Staging Tips from Monarch Realty Inc.
- Staging your home is 1 of the most important assignments of your home selling process! A properly staged home adds value to the selling price, outshines its competitors & highly improves the chances of getting it SOLD!
- A properly staged home emits a welcoming, inviting ambience to buyers & persuades them to schedule a showing to admire, in person, all the hard work you've put into preparing your home to get it SOLD!
- While a properly staged home can be labor intensive, it does not require a huge outlay of cash! We are experts at knowing which details of your property to focus your time & energy on to get it SOLD!
Monarch Realty Inc.'s Top 3 Low Cost Staging Tips:
1. Curb Appeal. The outside of your home is the 1st facet a potential buyer surveys when arriving for a showing or scouting it out as a drive-by! An attractive, well-maintained home with outstanding curb appeal will create a longing & hankering in buyers to see the inside of your home! Low cost curb appeal tips:
- It is the winter season! Best curb appeal EVER: Shoveled, plowed, cleared, sanded & salted sidewalks, stoops & driveways!
- Trim trees & bushes so they don't overhang on roofs, sidewalks, driveways & to prevent them blocking windows & cutting down on natural light.
- Buying a new doormat & replacing your mailbox creates a mood of newness to potential buyers even before they walk in the house!
- Polish/replace house numbers, door knobs. Low cost way again creates a mood of newness to potential buyers even before they walk in the house!
- Dress up the front door! Clean & paint the door, exterior lighting & hardware. For a finishing touch add wreath, swag to set the ultimate welcoming air.
2. Declutter! Get rid of the hodgepodge in your home! It's very distracting to buyers, brings down the value of your home & delays the selling timeframe of your home.
- Start simple. Clean out attics, basements, garages & sheds. Let the buyers mentally picture all the stuff they can store in them.
- Remove & store pictures, personal items & seasonal knickknacks. Remember, we want potential buyers to visualize their own items in your home.
- Clean out closets, clear the kitchen counters, organize cupboards, shelves, bathrooms & broom closets. Buyers love to peek at the spaciousness in your home.
3. Clean! Cleanliness & household smells set the mood for your showings!
- Keep everything extra clean. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates. Mop and wax floors. Clean the stove and refrigerator. A clean house makes a better first impression & convinces buyers that the home has been well cared for.
- Get rid of smells. Clean carpeting & drapes to eliminate cooking odors, smoke, & pet smells. Open the windows.
- Wash windows, sliding glass doors, French doors & all screens so the natural lighting can dazzle potential buyers.
The staging tips selected by Monarch Realty Inc. are the most common complaints we receive from prospective buyers. Contact us for more information on staging your home in Berkshire County or Southern VT.
For your convenience, we've made a downloadable version of our brochure, "Monarch Realty's Inc.'s Staging Recommendations available in a pdf file.
Click on file below:
Monarch Realty Inc.'s Select Staging Recommendations Tips for Sellers
Why Sell with Monarch Realty Inc?
- Simple! “YOU” the client are #1 with us!
- Like the Monarch Butterfly, we will go the extra distance to turn your real estate dreams into riches and REALTY!
- We offer “YOU” the client a 1-on-1 relationship throughout the entire home selling process. For your convenience, we've made a downloadable version of our brochure, "Top 10 Reasons to List with Monarch Realty Inc.pdf" available online.
- Selling a home is a very complex and perplexing experience. Our agents are skilled negotiators and superb problem solvers!
- We get results! “YOU” get the money!
- We have an 11 year proven track record of selling homes at the optimum price!
- Constant EXPOSURE is key to selling your home! "YOUR" home is advertised 24/7 at NO COST TO YOU! For your convenience, we've made a downloadable version of our brochure, "Monarch Realty Inc.'s Marketing Commitment".pdf" available online.
- Monarch Realty Inc. is the only agency offering top-notch advertising services! We possess advanced & innovative marketing tools; and we utilize state-of-the-art technology to provide EXPOSURE to your home 24/7.
- Receive weekly email reports keeping you informed on the activity of your home, current market trends and any trends that may affect your home.
- Our website has been created to be “YOUR” “1-stop-shopping” arena for all your real estate dreams and desires! Some of our hottest features include:
- Search 2 MLS systems in 1 stop-shop: Massachusetts & Vermont.
- Browse all available property offered by Monarch Realty & all participating real estate offices in Berkshire County & Vermont.
- Data updated every 15 minutes, straight to your email, mobile device.
- Easy to use “Listing Portal” to customize & store your properties.
- We offer buyer representation, so you can schedule all your showings with us!
- Nearby properties feed right into your mobile homepage.
- “Swipe” through photos & continuously scroll to see more listings.
- Easy to share listings to other mobile apps!
- Ideal for Mobile Website too.
- Use Geo-location technology to see nearby homes
- Zoom capability to view county, town level.
- Click & drag cursor for neighborhood locale.
Still have questions about selling a home in the Berkshires or southern Vermont? Contact Monarch Realty and we'll help you out!